erica peterson · April 14th, 2014 ·
We are looking for an exceptionally talented designer to join our team for a two month summer internship.
This is an extremely hands-on position. We want you to be hungry to work hard, and learn as much as possible... there is NO fetching coffee or making copies.
You will work with our designers and developers directly, on both client and internal initiatives. You will be involved in the entire life cycle of our projects: from strategy and design research, to prototyping and iterating on design solutions, to the execution of final deliverables. You will also have input on your role: really want to explore responsive design? Usability Testing? Branding in a digital context? We will work with you to make sure you are getting as much out of this position as you can.
- Are creative and detail-oriented, with a diverse aesthetic range
- Have exceptional typographic and layout skills
- Are able to think through design problems holistically
- Love designing for digital mediums, but also love print and other mediums too
- Geek out on beautiful digital interfaces and exceptional user experiences
- Are comfortable with design research, finding precedents, assembling type and color studies
- Are proficient with Adobe’s Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Have at least a cursory understanding of HTML/CSS (the more development skills, the better)
- Have some motion graphics/time-based design experience (not required, but definitely a plus)
- Have lots of other skills and interests that you are excited to tell us about
This is a paid internship, and we will also be happy to discuss course credits depending on your school’s guidelines.
Hire me already:
Send us a quick cover letter letting us know why you think you would be a good fit for Type/Code, along with your resume, and a link to your portfolio website to firstname.lastname@example.org.